Monday 17 September 2012

VISION OF KNOWLEDGE





How is this world? First see what is your bhava, your emotional disposition? The world appears to you according to your bhava. If your nature is divine you will perceive goodness and virtues. With demoniacal nature, you will be inclined to find faults and vices in others. A photograph appears according to the angle from which it has been taken. There is no joy or sorrow, mine or others’ in this world. How the world appears depends on whether you look at it through the angle of attachment, aversion or equanimity.
Whatever way you behave in the world do not think it to be real. Otherwise it will make you disturbed and give rise to demoniacal tendencies, grief and sorrow. If your actions happen for the good of others, then don’t be boastful about it.  This is an ever-changing transient world, dualistic in appearance. There is either joy or sorrow. Open the third eye beyond these two, that of Knowledge. To develop the vision of Knowledge – to get entangled in neither joy nor sorrow is the summit of spirituality.
‘Neither joy is good, nor is sorrow.
Bless me with Your vision, that alone is the best.’
O Lord! Bless me with Your Consciousness, Your Truth, Your Bliss.
Constantly placing one foot after the other, on the path and the stairs, we ultimately reach the temple. In the same way, trampling under your feet (the pairs of opposites like) joy and sorrow, profit and loss and life and death, attain the knowledge of the Giver of Life. Attain repose in Him. Attain His love.
Pujya Bapuji asks the listeners – “Those who did not attend the satsang yesterday, please raise their hands.”
(Some people raise their hands).
Pujya Bapuji says, “Alright. Those who have not come today, may raise their hands.”
(No one raises).
Pujya Bapuji continues…
How did this occur to you? It is through knowledge. What is the source of this knowledge?
There is sense based knowledge. Beyond that is the mental knowledge and beyond the later is the intellectual knowledge. But from where do the senses, mind and intellect receive ‘knowledge’? It is from the ‘I’. That is, the consciousness from which the ‘I’ arises. All love ‘I’. All crave for the joy that emanates from the source, the ‘I’, the consciousness. Isn’t it?
Will you believe if someone says to you - “I do exist but you do not exist.” You will reply – “No, even I exist. If I do not exist then how can you exist? I exist and so you are visible to me.”
‘I’ is self-satisfied. Everyone refers to himself saying -Their forms are different. Their minds are different.  However, the Existence of everybody’s ‘I’ is the same. Seek repose in that One, ‘I’. In deep slumber you enter into this ‘I’.  Isn’t it? You will attain the highest goal when you realize this Absolute Knowledge to be your own ‘I’. You will attain your divine nature. Thereafter, those who even listen to you will be blessed.
‘A single Ghadi (24 minutes) or even half, nay be it halved again, spent in the company of a saint, frees us from sins innumerable, says Tulsidas.
Says Kabir, when shall I meet the saint, the lover of the Supreme Lord, who takes away our sorrows, gives happiness to us, and destroys our sins?’

No comments:

Post a Comment